Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to upgrade a soundstation 7000 currently running 3.2.1.  I have tried different upgraders but it doesnt seem to grab any of them.  Anyone know what version I need to try to upgrade this phone to first?  Trying to go all the way to 4.0.7

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello CrashDodson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I know how to upgrade the phone and how to setup a provisioning server.  What I dont know is exactly which SIP firmware and which bootrom to go to.  I have tried going to 4.0.7 and bootrom 4.4.0B which fails with application not present. 

That document does not state that if your on version x  then you must go to version y before then going to version z.

Current about shows revison 4.5.0  With upgrader 4.4.0B and downgrader 4.5.0B both attempted using firmware 4.0.7 it just reboots over and over...saves new bootrom...formats file system...rinse and repeat.

Is there a specific upgrader/downgrader and firmware I should try before 4.0.7

HP Recommended

Hello CrashDodson,

when trying to download the UCS 4.0.7 Software the Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods document is offered on a page that you need to tick the notice before you can download the software.

Page 3 of this document describes this for th IP6000 and IP7000.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.