Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

soundstation 7000 running 3.2.1

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

soundstation 7000 running 3.2.1

I am trying to upgrade a soundstation 7000 currently running 3.2.1.  I have tried different upgraders but it doesnt seem to grab any of them.  Anyone know what version I need to try to upgrade this phone to first?  Trying to go all the way to 4.0.7

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: soundstation 7000 running 3.2.1

Hello CrashDodson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

I know how to upgrade the phone and how to setup a provisioning server.  What I dont know is exactly which SIP firmware and which bootrom to go to.  I have tried going to 4.0.7 and bootrom 4.4.0B which fails with application not present. 

That document does not state that if your on version x  then you must go to version y before then going to version z.

Current about shows revison 4.5.0  With upgrader 4.4.0B and downgrader 4.5.0B both attempted using firmware 4.0.7 it just reboots over and over...saves new bootrom...formats file system...rinse and repeat.

Is there a specific upgrader/downgrader and firmware I should try before 4.0.7

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello CrashDodson,

when trying to download the UCS 4.0.7 Software the Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods document is offered on a page that you need to tick the notice before you can download the software.

Page 3 of this document describes this for th IP6000 and IP7000.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4