Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

On some thread, I find some piece of info about removing the flashing red warning icon, that lead me to this FAQ section.

<!-- Misc : a Warning Level of "1" suppresses the display of nuisance warnings (like the downstream PC is disconnected) -->
<up up.warningLevel="1" up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1" />

The answer is always to put the up.warningLevel value to 2 :

<web up.warningLevel="2" />

I'm OK with it and it works just fine.

Now, I think I want to deploy this solution on the whole perimeter (hundreds of VVX401, some VVX601 and a few Trio 8800). But I still don't know what will that change do on the other warnings (if any).

Did you have some literature on the subject? What are the warning impacted (not showed) by this elevated level? Can you give us some technical definition of this parameter?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello X-Javier ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The parameter canbe used to remove any warnings from the Phone.

As an example the factory password causes this warning to appear and makes sense as the password for accessing the phone should be changed to something more secure.

Some people do not like this so they can remove the warning.

The definition of this parameter can be found in the admin guide. Example page 390 in UC Software 5.5.0:

• up.warningLevel1                                                                                                  0 to 2                                              0
    If 0, the phone’s warning icon and a pop-up message display on the phone for all warnings. If 1, the warning icon and pop-up messages are only shown for critical warnings. All warnings are listed in the Warnings menu. If 2, the phone displays a warning icon and no warning messages.

For all the values, all warnings are listed in the warning menu. Access to the Warnings menu varies by phone model:

VVX 1500
    Menu > Status > Diagnostics > Warnings
    VVX 101, 201, 300/301/310/311, 400/401/410/411, 500/501, and 600/601 Settings > Status > Diagnostics > Warnings

Usually you would not need this parameter if everything is OK.

I had seen you replied to an exchange issue in an older software. This should be fixed and simply using the parameter may pacify end users and stops calls to the help desk.

The Warning Levels should in day to day not really be used to diagnose an issue. The logs are more important.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello X-Javier ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The parameter canbe used to remove any warnings from the Phone.

As an example the factory password causes this warning to appear and makes sense as the password for accessing the phone should be changed to something more secure.

Some people do not like this so they can remove the warning.

The definition of this parameter can be found in the admin guide. Example page 390 in UC Software 5.5.0:

• up.warningLevel1                                                                                                  0 to 2                                              0
    If 0, the phone’s warning icon and a pop-up message display on the phone for all warnings. If 1, the warning icon and pop-up messages are only shown for critical warnings. All warnings are listed in the Warnings menu. If 2, the phone displays a warning icon and no warning messages.

For all the values, all warnings are listed in the warning menu. Access to the Warnings menu varies by phone model:

VVX 1500
    Menu > Status > Diagnostics > Warnings
    VVX 101, 201, 300/301/310/311, 400/401/410/411, 500/501, and 600/601 Settings > Status > Diagnostics > Warnings

Usually you would not need this parameter if everything is OK.

I had seen you replied to an exchange issue in an older software. This should be fixed and simply using the parameter may pacify end users and stops calls to the help desk.

The Warning Levels should in day to day not really be used to diagnose an issue. The logs are more important.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.