Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to create 4 soft keys on 310/410 vvx line of phones.  Both are running 5.4.2.  When devices boot up I see the following soft keys:

New Call - Forward - Redail - DND

When the 2nd soft key is pressed - the forward key - I see "service unavailable" in the upper right corner of the display.

Here are the relevant config lines:

<feature>
   <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />
</feature>
<softkey
    softkey.feature.forward="1"
    softkey.feature.directories="0"
    softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0"
    softkey.2.action="$FDivert$"
    softkey.2.enable="1"
    softkey.2.label="Forward"
    softkey.2.use.idle="1"
    softkey.3.action="$FRedial$"
    softkey.3.enable="1"
    softkey.3.label="Redial"
    softkey.3.use.idle="1"
    softkey.4.action="$FDoNotDisturb$"
    softkey.4.enable="1"
    softkey.4.label="DND"
    softkey.4.use.idle="1" />

All soft keys except forward work as expected.  What am I missing to have forward work properly?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello zervina,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I assume you do not yet fully understand how the EFK feature works. In addition it would also be of interest if this is being used with a SIP or a LYNC server

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post explains in detail that in order, for example to change the functionality of the original forward key, the key itself must be removed and then replaced by an EFK.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

In regards the "service unavailable" message I can only assume that you have some kind of server controlled call forward parameter in your config which tries to contact the server. If this is not configured correctly it will fail.

You simply have not provided enough details so not an aweful lot more to suggest.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello zervina,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I assume you do not yet fully understand how the EFK feature works. In addition it would also be of interest if this is being used with a SIP or a LYNC server

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post explains in detail that in order, for example to change the functionality of the original forward key, the key itself must be removed and then replaced by an EFK.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

In regards the "service unavailable" message I can only assume that you have some kind of server controlled call forward parameter in your config which tries to contact the server. If this is not configured correctly it will fail.

You simply have not provided enough details so not an aweful lot more to suggest.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I had already used that post to get where I was - its a very helpful post..  The problem turned out to be the 310/410 devices were being tested with shared lines... doh!  The other devices were tested with private lines.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.