Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

vvx 500 Call Presence dispaly name is listed twice

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

vvx 500 Call Presence dispaly name is listed twice

We have purchased the vvx 500 and are using them with Jives (www.jive.com) services. Currently, the call presence on the phone lists the first and last name twice, so for example:

EmpFirstName EmpLastName, EmpFirstName EmpLastname

Where do you configure the setting to simply display the first and last name once?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: vvx 500 Call Presence dispaly name is listed twice

Hello KyleWatson,

this completely depends how your service provider has setup your phone.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If above is not what you described in your post please attach a screenshot of the issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Please see the attachment.

What CFG file do you need to configure to remove the duplication? What are the line item names that need to be adjusted?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Higher resolution.

Notice the names on the call presence doubles. Anna Oren, Anna Oren for example. We just want ONE.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello KyleWatson,

I would suggest to check your local contact directory on your phone and check how the first name and last name or any other fields where populated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 7
Frequent Advisor

How do yuo edit your local directory, they seem to be read only. Can you be more specific? I have no idea the different ways you can load the conatacts into the system or even how the display presence pulls its text.

check how the first name and last name or any other fields where populated

Can you in detail inform me how to investigate this? The only thing I dont have control over is  I cannot edit the .cfg files - our provider will have to do this. But i need to know what edits to make or how to correct.

Message 6 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Ok,

So, the call presence simply uses your local directory. The text pulled is first name and last name and then comma and station label.

I should add you can edit your local directory by touching and holding the contact name, then hit the image that loooks like a pencil to edit the contact.

Message 7 of 7