Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a new vvx 600. On startup, I get the message:
       Preliminary Updater, beta use only. 99 seconds until autoboot.

after 99 seconds, I get the message

Could not download 0004f28593c3.cfg using existing configuration

Error Application not present

Rebooting

It repeats the process continuously

What is going on? I was not expecting to see this.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hello

It would be of interest where you got this beta demo unit from as they are not for resale and need to be returned to POLYCOM and are property of polycom

You cannot do anything with it as the software for it is not released to the public

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I got it from:

https://www.thetelecomshop.com

That is disturbing to hear, and very inconvenient.

HP Recommended
Please post the MAC address of the phone
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I don't see the mac address anywhere

HP Recommended

Hello ,

You already provided it when you edited your post.

0004f28593c3

This serial cannot be found in our database and I assume if you check at the bottom of the unit it will state "BETA UNIT NOT FOR RESALE"

Please make your reseller aware that the Unit is Polycom property

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

No, it doesn't say that on the phone

HP Recommended

Hello bob122,

0004f28593c3 cannot be found in any customer database as a shipped phone so this must be an internal Polycom test phone that one of our Sales Engineers has shipped to a customer for testing.

To finish this topic off, you are unable to use this phone as you cannot get access to any Polycom development signed software and the phone is still Polycom property.

I would make the reseller aware of this conversation as the phone should be returned to Polycom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.