Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

vvx Line key serve as Prepend

Hi All.

This is the Phone Information

Phone Model VVX 300     

UC Software Version 5.4.6.4588

Updater Version 5.6.6.4502

I want a line key to serve as a Prepend.

Not a soft key but a line key, the keys on the side of the screen.

So when dialing a specific Line key for example line key 4, the phone should prepend *952 before the destination phone number.

Can someone give me the code to upload to the phone to have this done.

Thank you all. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: vvx Line key serve as Prepend

Hello @Jack Noe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I do not believe the exact scenario is possible as an EFK action would probably only send the stored digits. You could look at a prompt or the Digitmap.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I think we currently have an enhancement ENH-1262 for this but you would need a Polycom Sales Engineer to add your opportunity to this.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2