Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have a question regarding sip set up of this vvx400 model

I'm using the web interface

Normally with models that have this web interface, I only need to set up 1 account, with 1 domain/server.

so Sip Simple Setup is sufficient. It registers, everything works fine

However, for this particular phone, I need to set up a SECOND line, with a separate domain/sip server.

So I no longer can use just 'sip simple setup'

I've tried various settings for a basic registration in Settings > SIP and Settings > Lines, but I can't reproduce the settings that are automatically done when entered in 'simple setup'

I need to know what I can do to register a second line. That, or all the fields that 'simple setup' actually affects/updates in the 'Settings'

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello keatto,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Simply follow the above and then apply the settings to Line 2

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffan,

While I do appreciate the almost immediate response time, the solution was very vague and didn't help resolve the issue.

I did find a means after some time with the guides other companies have released for their own SIP platforms using polycom devices. 

I'll share the solution here.

Problem: Using ONLY WEB CONFIGURATION to set up MULTIPLE VOIP ACCOUNTS from different providers. (Can't use Simple Setup)

Guide:

https://chinookcommunications.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203814160-Configuring-Polycom-VVX-or-Spe...

In Settings > Lines > For the Address and Authentication>User ID fields, you should be entering "VirtualNumber@YourVoipDomain.com"

Supplementing your Voip companies values. 

SIP Password field should also be filled out. 

Once you save the changes, The Address and User ID fields will revert to SHOWING ONLY THE VN, but if credentials were entered correctly, the device should register. 

It seems the Full Domain for separate lines is stored somewhere not visible from web configuration for each line. 

HP Recommended

Not sure if this solution is viable though.

Calls work for both separate accounts, but Line 1, rings for calls from either account. 

Account 1 configured to Line 1. 

Number of Line keys set to '6'

Account 2 configured to Line 7. 

Number of Line keys set to '6'

Calls from either account ring line 1, then line 2, etc. Instead of their respective lines. 

Goal is that line keys 1-6 ring for Account 1. 

Line Keys 7-12 ring for Account 2. 

Is this possible, or will any account start ringing line 1 regardless of which line its configured to? 

HP Recommended

Hello keatto,

my FAQ post shows the simplistic way to register a phone successful to a server. 

It describes how to use the Settings > Lines > Line 1 in order to setup a fully working phone on line 1.

You then simply go ahead and repeat this on Settings > Lines > Line 2 and be done.

The Guide you posted above covers LYNC / Skype for Business and in that mode the phone can only register one line.

If you still have questions please work with your Polycom reseller or open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Your guide is generic photos. 

My guide indicated that the 'address' and user ID lines required both the virtual number and the domain in the same field

"VN@123.sip.company.com" 

however it doesn't seem to work at all. 

Neither guide does. 

SIp simple setup's server settings override any sip servers entered for any other lines. So no other lines register if the sip server is different.

If I use a VN the same server it works fine. 

So:

Line 1: 1234a@123.sip.com

Line 2: 1234b@123.sip.com

Works fine. 

But

Line 1: 1234a@123.sip.com

Line 2: 1234b@1234.sip.com

Fails to register line 2.

It's almost as if you can't register a second domain/line without using pbx commands. 

HP Recommended

Hello keatto,

• Factory reset the phone
  • Work with the Lines instead of the Setup Guide

If you are still stuck work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.