Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We are running a large number of VVX450's set up in a way that they share many extensions between groups of users. So User A will have their extension on line button one, User B's extension on line button two, and so forth. With the default config of the phones when they receive a call on their own extension (the first line button) and place that call on hold and then hit the "new call" soft key to make a new call it will use the next extension line button to dial out from which is not their own extension, it is User B's so it looks like User B is making that second call not User A.

I found that if I enable the feature "call.stickyAutoLineSeize="1" in the config that fixes the first problem but then the new problem is presented that if they receive a call on one of their other lines (so not their "main" line) and place it on hold and hit the "new call"soft key it will use that line again that they are already on to make the new outbound call which is not their actual extension.

Are any of you aware of some combination of configuration fields that can be entered to make it so that no matter what any outbound call uses the "main/primary extension" ? That is ultimately what we are looking for. I tried to be as clear as I could in the description but if there are any questions please let me know. Thank you all in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ink ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A good starting point is usually providing the currently used software version and in the case of the VVX if this is the Poly UC Software or the ObiHai software.

As I am personally on holiday I leave it to the other volunteers to comment. If this fails simply raise this with your Poly reseller so our support team can be engaged,

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.