Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

it seems like you are ignoring but i am just giving you reference of misdocumention and real problem. i am following this documentation.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/technical/products/vo...

please see page number 3 and point number 2. 

The method for submitting a search request is configurable. The dir.corp.autoSubmitTimeout parameter defines how many seconds the phone will wait before automatically implementing a search based on the entered search string. A setting of 0 will not apply auto submit behavior. The user can force a search by pressing the Submit soft key.

if i use dir.corp.autoSubmitTimeout then i get following message in phone log 

001217.146|cfg  |4|00|Prm|corpdir.cfg:Unknown parameter "dir.corp.autoSubmitTimeout" found, ignoring.

auto submit does not work.

HP Recommended

Hello qasimkhans,

I am not ignoring anything as this is the first time you are mentioning this parameter itself.

I am merely making you aware of the actual support structure you are expected to follow if you are having an issue.

Myself as a Polycom employee am unable to provide you with free support as this is provided by your Polycom reseller as their Tier 1 support position within the warranty period.

They can open a support ticket with Polycom support for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have run into this same issue on my phones too. These are typically IP550's running 4.0.2.11307. 

I have come to the conclusion that the initial full directory listing after boot is unintended behavior that happens when the phone's client software initializes. 

Unfortunately, I can't find a settig to control this behavior. The most likely settings, dir.corp.bindOnInit and dir.corp.viewPersistence, don't make a difference.

In looking into this using openldap as a proxy for an AD server, it is interesting to see what the phone is doing.

Cold booting the phone shows a search query on boot. The query is either peristent if persistence (survining a power cycle) is on or default if off. Interestingly, the results of the persitent search are ignored and the phone displays the default serach results from its permanent cache.

Having the phone reboot (warm boot), no search is made and the phone displays results with the default filter from its cache.

Yes, the corporate directory works. It would be nice to have some finer control over the directory cache/persitence/display.

Perhaps in future versions this can be addressed.

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

4.0.2 is no longer a supported software so please upgrade to 4.0.10 instead.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how to troubleshoot LDAP issus.

If you are able to find a bug please work with your Polycom reseller if the unit is still in warranty or open a Pay Per Incident ticket if outside warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello All, 

I am currently facing the same issue, when phone is restarted and you enter the corporete direcoty you see all the entries in the LDAP server. Once you exit the directory and re-enter it you are only presented with the search bar. 

When you exit the directory the first time, phone sends an UNBIND command. 

Mar 18 16:46:38 PolyLAB slapd[24423]: conn=1062 op=1 UNBIND
Mar 18 16:46:38 PolyLAB slapd[24423]: conn=1062 fd=13 closed

I have noticed that the entire directory will only show up if you enable dir.corp.backGroundSync

I did make a video of it and here is the link to it: https://youtu.be/lTaujXn4ShI

Phone:
VVX 400

Firmware 5.3.0.12074

Assy: 311-46157-002 Rev:A

HP Recommended

Hey, 

I had the same Issue and I think I just solved it. 

Note: I have a configured corporate Directory. Which is an OpenLDAP Server, with an amount of 5000 entries.

So, sometimes (and I couldn't figured out which actions exactly causes this problem) I dont receive any results when Im using the Directory. All I see is the screen with "Search: XXX). 

This seems to happen, always when I close the Directory and then re-open it. But not every time, very confusing. A reboot always fixed it. But I just can't always reboot the phone to use the directory

So I made some analyses on my OpenLDAP-Server and I figured out, that always when this happens. The Phone didn't close the TCP-Connection to my OpenLDAP properly. Its still established. This can lead to times, that a single phone has 3 TCP-Connections to the LDAP-Server (Port 389). 

When you close these Ports. It works for me. So I wrote script, which does that and put it in a cronjob.

Here you see the script:

"#!/bin/bash

# Get Array of ESTABLISHED TCP PORTS, FROM LDAP SOCKET
PORTS=($(ss -t '( dport = :389 or sport = :389 )' | grep ^ESTAB | cut -d ':' -f3))

PORTSLENGTH=${#PORTS[@]}

# KILL ESTABLISHED PORTS
for ((i=0;i<${PORTSLENGTH};i++ ));
do
(tcpkill -i ens32 -9 port ${PORTS[$i]} &)

done"

What does this script do:

It gets all established Source-Ports (from the Phones), and kills them synchron. Put this in a cronjob, which execute it every hour and u should be fine.

Note: You may need to install tcpkill to run this. 

My Setup:

Polycom Soundstations IP6000 / IP 7000

UCS: 4.0.11.0583

BootROM: 5.0.11.0282

OpenLDAP: 2.4.42

HP Recommended

@JMAD

Thats a great find, I havent heard any complaints from the customer about this issue my assuption is that they dont really use it. 

But i will test this next time I visit them.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.