Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As stated in the subject, I am having a weird issues with testing tls and srtp on the Polycom vvx handsets. First I setup tls has recommended by previous post to the community, and now my acme packet SBC and the polycom handset are in harmony with communicating via tls.

The next step was to enable srtp, which seemes fairly simply compared to setting up tls, however although the invite/200ok SDPs between the SBC/phone request/asnwer with SRTP, the phone for some reason keeps sendingRTP.

The weird thing is if I should disable tls and allow only srtp, the SDPs are negotiated successfully and the phone intiates SRTP.

Any ideas?? I am currently running vvx400 on code 5.4.4. I also noticed some authentication errors in the app logs ONLy when the phone has both tls and srtp.

sample config

<reg
reg.1.address="6636"
reg.1.auth.password="************"
reg.1.auth.userId="6636"
reg.1.label="LabB Sec 6636"
reg.1.outboundProxy.address="************"
reg.1.outboundProxy.transport="TLS"
reg.1.outboundProxy.port="5061"
reg.1.server.1.address="********************"
reg.1.server.1.transport="TLS"
reg.1.server.1.port="5061"
reg.1.srtp.enable="1"
reg.1.srtp.offer="1"
reg.1.srtp.require="0"
reg.1.type="private"
reg.1.thirdPartyName=""
reg.1.linekeys="2" />

SRTP ONLY LOGS

002719.659|so |2|00|Stream::srtpInitRx no rx session
002719.659|so |3|00|srtpInit: (0x11c19d8) IP , port 0
002719.728|so |3|00|srtpSetOutboundSession: (0x11c19d8) IP 172.16.1.1, port 16420

SRTP AND TLS LOG

003728.553|so |2|00|Stream::srtpInitRx no rx session
003728.553|so |3|00|srtpInit: (0x11c3388) IP , port 0
003728.618|so |3|00|srtpSetOutboundSession: (0x11c3388) IP 74.117.230.140, port 22580
003733.542|srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect: auth failure - seq=0x09c1, ROC=0
003734.542|srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect: auth failure - seq=0x09f3, ROC=0
003735.542|srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect: auth failure - seq=0x0a25, ROC=0
003736.542|srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect: auth failure - seq=0x0a57, ROC=0
003737.542|srtp |4|00|srtp: srtp_unprotect: auth failure - seq=0x0a89, ROC=0

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Jam,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever follow up your original posts => here <= or => here <= ?

Providing feedback to these can help other posters or simply marking them as solution provided.

In addition your new Post's have a FAQ that can be used to troubleshoot:

Apr 17, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup a TLS connection for SIP signaling and / or troubleshoot this?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I setup SRTP / Secure RTP?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

And in addition I would set a NTP time:

And also use a currently supported software like UC Software 5.5.1 or 5.5.0 before or at least 5.4.5

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback..ntp was corrected and phone upgraded to 5.5.1 but still same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Jam,

as you did not post any logs please go ahead and escalated this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.