Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Need to be able to dial *0 when on a conference call.  How do I program this in the digit map?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello!

I've read the FAQ regarding the digit map however still don't quite seem to understand it and would be super glad if one of the wonderful people could help me out here.

So we have 3-digit extensions  which we're abel to dial just fine but as soon as we're in a call and want to make a conference with another 3-digit extension it will only allow a 2-digit extension and dials that one immediately (e.g. we want to call 100 but it dials 10.

We have the default digit map right now and I don't get why it starts dialling at 1X.

Thanks for your time!

Kevin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Cat,

welcome to the Polycom Community and I have moved your post to the correct forum.

Have a look at the FAQ post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

The above shows various information regarding the Digitmap and attitudinal Information can be found in the Admin Guide matching your Software Version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I find both of these pieces of information very confusing,  looking for someone that can tell me what to put in the digit map to have it recognize the *0 when dialed.

HP Recommended

Hello Cat,

an example used in the post is:

It may be desired to use codes like *97 to pickup a call or # to have a billing code added to the Dial String.

Adding |*97 to the Digit Map above would allow this Feature Code to be dialed and then send to the SIP Platform

Changing this to |*would archive what you are after.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello!

I've read the FAQ regarding the digit map however still don't quite seem to understand it and would be super glad if one of the wonderful people could help me out here.

So we have 3-digit extensions  which we're abel to dial just fine but as soon as we're in a call and want to make a conference with another 3-digit extension it will only allow a 2-digit extension and dials that one immediately (e.g. we want to call 100 but it dials 10.

We have the default digit map right now and I don't get why it starts dialling at 1X.

Thanks for your time!

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

the FAQ post explains the digitmap quite extensively and even has an example for a 3 digit number starting with 1 or how to change it to start with 2.

[1-8]xx: Every Number starting from 1 up to 8 with 3 digit extension is dialed immediately (9 excluded as a prefix)

If a local Extension Range of 2xxx is used changing the [1-8]xx Entry into [2]xxx Entry will add the ability to dial internal 4 Digit Extension Range starting with the number 2.

The amount of "x" added specifies the length of the Number you wish to be able to dial and the 2xxx example would only allow numbers starting with 2 and being 4 digits long to be send to the SIP Server.

Please follow this up or await further feedback from other community members.

If nobody replies with any further suggestions please work with your Polycom reseller. for further support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

thank you Steffen, after moving [1-8]xx at the start of the digit map it works now (didn't work at the end of the map, now [1-8]xx[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT) however I still don't quite get why it dialed 1x immediately previously.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can someone please help me on how to setup the coding for 3 way conference in Digitmap, Polycom IP6000

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.