Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am looking for a way to reboot multiple VVX600 phones. I'm sending a SIP Notify message via a perl script as posted on http://community.polycom.com/t5/Polycom-Endpoints-Forum/Reboot-Phone-remotely/m-p/6395

The problem is that the script is not causing the phone to reboot. Am I doing something wrong here?

Is there a way to reboot the phone via HTTP? If so, how could I do that?

The current software version on the device is 5.5.0.23374.

My config file includes the following:

<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.SIP>
<voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent>
<voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1" />
</voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent>
</voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>

Thanks and regards,

Janusz

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

This is what I came up with and it's working for me.

curl -k 'https://<ip>/form-submit/Reboot' -X POST -H 'Authorization: Basic UG9seWNvbTo0NTY=' -H 'Content-Length: 0' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -H 'Cookie: Authorization=Basic UG9seWNvbTo0NTY='

HP Recommended

Hello 

thank you ver much, it's working for me 🙂

but i wanna just specify login/mdp for more security, how can i do it ?

thank you

HP Recommended
The suggested cUrl command worked for me also. Although I have used Windows-based cUrl command and the ticks (`) need to be replaced by (") in order to work properly.
HP Recommended

Sorry, still can't get this to work.  I get "401 unauthorized" or "405 not allowed"

I put the voIpProt always reobot 1 in the features.cfg file.

When I use ssl, curl complains about the cert.

Not sure why this is so difficult.

I've used several commands and none of them work posted, and can't find any complete guide on the subject, just piece meal.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Seth777 ,

a quick Google Search found => this <= and => this <=

The configuration is only needed if you send a SIP NOTIFY with a check-sync

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Stephen,

You realize that you didn't answer his question.  Yopu pointed him to another script that is exactly the same as the one above and another that does the same thing.

We have phones too that have the checksync enabled but send a 401 error in response to the script.  Others work.  We are trying to figure-out what else needs to be set to make them accept the command.

In addition, firmware 6.0.1 doesn't have the  voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot option.

HP Recommended

Hello @Trifecta ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

6.0.1 is not a software version I recognize at present.

You have not provided us with mu as usually, we ask for this:

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync, Zoom or BlueJeans)
  • Provide details if UC / SIP or ObiEdition
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

In order to progress you can either wait for other community members to rend or:

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I write a tool several years back and released it as open source, see: https://sourceforge.net/projects/polycomvvxcontrol/

It uses the phone's web-interface to perform any of the following tasks:

• get device information
  • get status
  • sign in using PIN authentication
  • sign out
  • reboot
  • factory reset

It can take a CSV file as argument to perform this on multiple Polycom VVX devices.

I used this tool many timesduring migrations, configuration changes and firmware updates.

During those nightly projects it was always magic to see the phones in an open plan office light up all at once...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.