Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do I add a pause to a speed dial number on a vvx 500?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Mika,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To answer the question truthfully I can only reply no. Not in a simple and easy method.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post shows as the 4th example how to add a speed dial in conjunction with the EFK functionality and assign it to a hardware button.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I just started using Polycom phones. From reading through this forum, it looks like this has been discussed for several years.

Quite frankly, I'm flabbergasted that it's not possible to add a pause in a phone number on the VVX series - this is supposed to be a business class phone. Never heard of conference calls that require a meeting number? My 15 year old consumer level home phone can do this!

What is the best/official way to get a requirement submitted?

Thanks!

Christophe.

HP Recommended
Hello Christophe

The FAQ contains this:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-request-a-change-to-the-current-Polycom-SIP-UCS/t...

Replied from a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I would agree with others in this forum, that I am disappointed that my company just upgraded our entire phone system with Polycom VVX phones, only to find out that a basic feature such as a pause button is not possible.

Steffen - while you point us to the change request link, the reality is the end user can't make the request, and needs to jump through several hoops, of which most users won't take the time to do.   As the moderator, I would appreciate it if you could open a request on our behalf.

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

Are you kidding me, my new phones don't have this feature that has existed on many phones for 20 years and the answer is "hardly anyone has requested this so low priority".  This is silly.  PLEASE FIX

HP Recommended

Hello Seattle VVX User,

Whilst I completely understand your requirement you hopefully appreciate the fact that demands for features need to be arranged in a manner that outlines the urgency.

I already replied in this post to three different users how they can officially "ask" for this feature to be added.

The above needs to be followed in order to streamline these kind of request with the customers that purchase thousands or even ten thousand or more of our phones.

To add this is not simply three lines of code and this is outlined in the FAQ post quoted above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I had forwarded these  posts to product management and we are currently looking in possibly adding this functionality into a future software version.

I have no further details or official commitment or a time line so please watch these post's and / or any future release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Honestly, Polycom should be embarrassed. To blatantly ignore their customers’ requests to have a basic business feature included in a “business class” phone system is inexcusable. I would like to formerly request that my name be added to the ever growing list of Polycom users unhappy with the lack of basic business class features available in their “business class” phones. I can promise that if I am ignored, I will not be a Polycom user for much longer.

HP Recommended

Hello Ryan224,

I am unsure if you are aware but Polycom has recently used up all the 16.8 Million MAC addresses in the 00:04:F2 range meaning we have produced such amount of phones utilizing the range mentioned above.

Out of these 16.8 Million devices so far 5 different users complained within this post about the lack of such feature.

Adding the 7 other users I am aware from this post => here <= we have 12 different users or organisations who can follow up the official described method of requesing a change:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

@Ryan224

Could you kindly elaborate on the business case of your usage and how many phones are at risk ?

As already explained in this and the other linked post Polycom product management is aware and due NDA limitations I am not able to comment on future software versions but I encourage anyone to follow up as advised in the above FAQ post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.