Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Great thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting.

I spent a bunch of time researching this when the update was installed.

Again I find it pretty frustrating to have the dongle flashing whenever I'm on a call, or if I turn off the headset.

Poor form Poly, some details in the release notes would have been appreciated. Can you put it back the way it was please?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the follow-up Steffen.

HP Recommended

Hi! I created an account here JUST SO I COULD TELL ENGINEERING that I detest this update. I work from home, and having the dongle CONSTANTLY flashing when my headset is turned off is really irritating. You need to either revert this, or make the indicator user configurable.

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen for the follow up.   Please treat as priority. 

Seconding everyone else's comments: I'm always logged into Teams and switch my headset off between calls, with the constant blue purple flashing now being  very annoying and distracting.   

Additionally, a notice about this change should have been posted in the Release Notes.  I've wasted a lot of time looking for a solution, thinking there was something wrong with my headset.

Thank you in advance for a prompt fix for this. 

HP Recommended

I created an account just to say this has been driving me insane.  Is it possible to downgrade to a prior firmware?  The problem does not occur until I open Teams.

HP Recommended

Hello @sdfwill 

please open a Support ticket as I am sure we could provide the older firmware that method.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello - I also just created an account to complain about this constant flashing. I would hope the product management team will offer an option to either revert or turn off this feature. It is very annoying!

Also, I'll submit a support ticket asking for the second most recent firmware update, as my headset was working just fine before the latest update. Lesson learned:  wait for non-essential updates!

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

JP

HP Recommended

I was in the same boat and want to share my experience.  I was getting dizzy & headaches from motion sickness or something like it because the BT600 was always blinking.  I was removing it & quickly re-insert it when a call would come in from Zoom, Slack and/or Teams.  It was not ideal...I fear it will break after a few more weeks at this rate.

I able to get 2 sets of firmware (v1615) from chat support after a few separate sessions.  One for each specific Product ID...I have a 5200UC & a 4210UC.  There were no instructions accompanied except for warnings...It's not 100% guaranteed the old firmware will properly reload etc. 

I was able to successfully reload them from Hub via Help > Support > Firmware Updates & Recovery.  The files were in *.7z format so I had to unzip it...Surprisingly to *.zip format before Hub would recognize it.

So far it's working fine as before following the v1615 reload & Hub immediately display the new v1723 firmware in Notification.  I will keep copies of the firmware files just in case the next release have any undesirable features.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I was just told my support that they would not provide previous firmware for the BT600.  Can you provide a location to download v1615?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.