Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

please see this article that explains the LED colours>here<

The new behaviour was introduced due to the Microsoft Teams certification. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Like others I have just registered to complain about this firmware update.

I use a surface pro with the BT600 plugged in for my Voyager 8200UC headset.  I have been using Teams for a number of years.  I welcome the Teams certification, but what is going on with the blue/purple flashing.

It doesn't even turn off when my surface is in sleep mode, so the lights are flashing all the time, even in my bag when be transported.  Draining battery...

Huge fail.  

HP Recommended

Well, the response I received from Poly Support was not helpful:

"We regret the experience you have had and intend to help you in the best possible manner.

I have looked into your query and would like to tell you that the changes made with V.1723 were intentional and developers intend to keep the LED behavior this way. You may plug the BT600 on the backside USB port (if available) to limit the distraction it might have caused.

Regretfully, we will be unable to cater your request for older firmware version as we do not recommend rolling back to older firmware version."

Thanks for nothing and creating a really annoying experience. I guess it's time to upgrade to a different headset (probably what Poly wanted us to do all along....so find a new brand)

HP Recommended

Yup, I've already started and won’t be recommending Poly headsets in the future. 

HP Recommended

Hello @24plimlico 

there is often a "Allow this device to wake the computer" but I suggest you contact our support team on this to identify and troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Erm...what does that even mean.

I have contacted the support team, and this is what I got.  How can the light remain on when the actual device is asleep, it just doesn't compute.

Please see the firmware release notes for the BT600 to know more about the changed LED behaviour.

https://www.plantronics.com/us/en/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=Product_Information__k...

When Teams not running then LED behavior should revert to old self.

*To stop this simply power on the headset and it should auto pair wit headste, but if BT600 don’t stop flickering then simply press the call answer button once and it should connect with dongle. If not then take out the dongle and manully pair headset and BT600.

I hope this helps.

We appreciate you to give us a chance to help you.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

HP Recommended

I think if people would just explain the reasoning for the change other than "we had to because Microsoft wanted us to". If you look at the new behavior, which absolutely sucks ESPECIALLY because once I leave this company and we don't use Teams anymore my dongle is forever stuck in this crappy a $ $ mode with no going back.

Now in the meantime I just have to use the cradle, which doesn't work when traveling but when sitting at home at my desk the light stops blinking when the headset is in the cradle because it is connected via USB. I believe the intent of this change in behavior is to show two new things: 1) connection to Teams, and 2) alerts from Teams. Once you think about this it makes sense, however I really really really do not understand why you would have the darn thing blinking when disconnected, that is just plain stupid and the "engineer" that said "we are not changing it" just caused a massive exodus from Poly as I will be moving on from the 2 Voyager Focus headsets I have now, and I will gladly sell them for cheap on the secondary market just to take the revenue away from Poly. Now how is your customer service doing?

HP Recommended

Also signed up just to comment on how dumb this new default of flashing blue/purple is.

Incredibly frustrating and distracting.

I'm considering performing surgery on the dongle and disabling the LED completely. Poor form Poly/Plantronics, this should be customisable behaviour.

HP Recommended

This "intended" behavior should have been posted when releasing the update, not well after, when everyone is complaining about it.  This would have at least given people an option to update knowing what to expect.

As for not being able to rollback the firmware on the BT600, that is strike two.  Poly (Plantronics) has numerous hardware devices that can have their firmware rolled backed (as is the case for most technology today).

Add a setting to the HUB that always us to change the LED settings when the headset is off; everyone wins!!!

HP Recommended

Hello @djjuice , @schu70 , @jball , @Billy-Bob , @seabass0118 , @Kirshy , @snarl , @BernardT , @sdfwill , JP9 , MinerJ , 24plimlico , firedog7881 , Stupid Flashin… 

first of all thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have worked with the product management team on this issue.

Initially, our information around the changes this new firmware upgrade added was sub-optimal.

Due to global coronavirus crises, all companies have been affected in their workflows. Due to this the announcement/documentation of the change was not paired with the actual firmware release.

The changed firmware itself does not allow a user to downgrade to the older version as this changes the file structure making an upgrade in the future more difficult.

Therefore please do not open support tickets to get the device downgraded.

We are making a change which should remove the flashing but due to additional external dependencies, this will be at present planned for August 2020 (Subject to change).

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.