Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @mfsen ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As already explained to the previous posters we are aiming to fix this but at present, there is a dependency on our Partner Microsoft which has to test this.

We are looking into separating the LED fix but I have no timeline for this at present. We originally planned this for August but we cannot make this deadline (always was subject to change).

Due to the medium of a community forum, we cannot commit to a fixed date and if you require an official answer or date for this cosmetic issue please open a support case.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my Voyager 5200 since the firmware got updated with the latest version. None of my IOS devices can connect anymore. Need to revert to previous firmware. Plantronics hub does not recognize even when plugged in via USB cable. Please help. 

HP Recommended

Hello @PaulC 

this is not part of this ongoing specific discussion. Please work with our support team

replied vi a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

just an FYI for the community:

I had the same flashing annoyance when shutting off my headset ...

my work-around that is ok for me: I have the voyager focus UC w/ bt600

since I only work in my home office now... I just deleted the bt600/unplugged it ... and then just paired the headphones directly on my laptop.

I don't need the additional range with bt600 and there is one added benefit (I could never get it to work with BT600)

when I shut off the headphones, the pc audio automatically switches to the desk top... when I have a teams call, or want to listen to private music... just turning on the headphones automatically switches the auto back... no need to select audio source in the tray ...

good luck with your solution...

HP Recommended

I also joined this forum just to say how annoying this is. I have 6 different Plantronics headphones for the pc and cellphone and have always favored them but this issue is embarrassing.

The only solution I found, as dumb as it might be, was to wrap the dongle with black tape to hide it completely. Not something you would expect to be doing for a premium product...

HP Recommended

Thanks djjuice for the clear explanation. 

Like many others here I also created an account just to express my disappointment that this ‘improvement’ got past standard usability checks. It’s *awful*. 

This thread should really not be marked as solved until we get the firmware update.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

Checking in, do you have any updates regarding this issue for the community?

HP Recommended

Can you provide an estimated timeline for the fix? This blinking is extremely distracting, it's driving me nuts.

By the way, I'm using the BT600 with my Macbook Pro through a USB hub and it's doing the annoying light thing whenever my headset is turned off. Not using MS Teams.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

December 2020 check-in. Do you have any updates regarding this issue for the community? Perhaps Slashdot can help get more exposure to this issue...

HP Recommended

Just upgraded to the latest firmware and it has fixed the issue ..... at last!

Version 2006
November 2020

What’s New

• Updated LED behavior when used with Microsoft Teams and the headset is disconnected the LED now goes out rather than flashing Blue/Purple.

Resolved Issues

• Microsoft Teams client would incorrectly come to foreground after certain headset events
  • In Windows 7/10 clicking on Windows volume bar can cause the slider to unexpectedly change
  • Volume level is not synced on macOS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.