Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Anyone has a clue why RMX won't initiate with I.E. after running the automatic troubleshooting utility or manual one ? 

*RMX Manager isn't solid so would like to use I.E. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

My experience with RMX web/manager is that RMX Manager is much more reliable.

If you want to try to use the Web side (which is required for some functions) then you need to be using IE..   After running the troubleshooting software, you should completely close ALL web browsers and re-open to the RMX.   Have had some luck doing that.

Also, I have had some luck running Chrome with IE Tabs (do a google search for IE Tabs and Chrome to see how to install it).   Make sure you type in the RMX address in the IE Tabs address space and not the Chrome address space. 

It is not an exact science at this point.

I've not had any success with IE:10 so stick with some of the older versions.

Good luck,

Gary M

HP Recommended

I agree, does not work well with IE10 or newer.  IE 9 seems to work fine.

Helps to run Internet Explorer as an admin the first few times so it can I install its 2-3 addins.  To run as admin, find Internet Explorer in your start menu, hold down shift and right-click on Internet Explorer.  On the menu, Run As Admin will be an option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.