Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm looking at these Teams rooms bundles located here https://www.polycom.com/hd-video-conferencing/microsoft-video/poly-mtr.html#benefits

Small Room Bundle - Can a 2nd mic be added to this solution?

Medium Room Bundle and above - If both the phone and the computer are running Teams, how is this user friendly?  When does a user interact with the Trio 8500 and when do they interact with the HP Slice screen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @kweegup 

a Video can be seen >here<.

This is more of a support video as it shows how to change the Trio when connected with a Visual+ previously and now being used as a Microsoft Teams Rooms Solution.

The Trio, once in USB mode, will only offer call controls and is the microphone and speaker in the room.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @kweegup 

welcome back to the Poly community.

The small room solution, using a Poly Studio, in my knowledge only supports 1x Microphone.

The medium room with a Poly Trio utilizes the Trio microphone and speaker. It also allows access to the Teams Meeting via the presented options on the Trio UI. 

I suggest you work with a Poly reseller to discuss the different options. Often functionalities that our devices are capable off depend on what our Partner Microsoft supports.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I might contact the sales rep but why isn't there a video or something that explains how it works?  If you have a video demonstration, that would be helpful.  It's rather confusing when other systems like the Logitech Room Solutions for Teams has only one screen.

Maybe the Poly solution is better but at first glance it seems more confusing without some type of demonstration or explanation as to why it would be better to have a Trio running the Android Teams app along side the Windows tablet.

HP Recommended

Hello @kweegup 

I would need to speak to our marketing team about this. The Trio in this scenario is not in Teams mode and is just a USB Speaker and Microphone with basic call control.

The solution is usually not to place this right next to the touch screen so people in other positions can access the Trio UI to control certain aspects of the call.

Again a Poly reseller can provide much more accurate information as us volunteers in the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @kweegup 

a Video can be seen >here<.

This is more of a support video as it shows how to change the Trio when connected with a Visual+ previously and now being used as a Microsoft Teams Rooms Solution.

The Trio, once in USB mode, will only offer call controls and is the microphone and speaker in the room.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the video link, it was very helpful. Regarding the Studio, it looks like it does support an external microphone.  https://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/polycom-studio-datasheet-en...

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

The small room solution, using a Poly Studio, in my knowledge only supports 1x Microphone.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.