Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When using RealConnect and OTD, how do you admit guests into the Teams meeting for a true OTD/Device free meeting?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm just another user, but I can't imagine not having one person on a meeting running the Windows Client.  The other option would be to not require a Lobby for the meeting.  That would depend on the security needs of your org - but I'm fine with it.  

HP Recommended

The Poly Mode is pretty good and don't really need a Teams client but everyone's use case is different. For interviews for example, don't really need a laptop but the interviewee woudld be a guest. 

If we turn off lobby, it affects all guests in all meetings and is a tenant wide setting. Not ok with that.

HP Recommended

Did you ever find another solution?  I have some board-level meetings where an external guest is waiting in the lobby.  Yes, turning off the lobby is an option for the meeting; but sometimes the meeting organizer forgets and our TC8 will display something like "Someone waiting in lobby, view lobby" but you can't actually click to view the lobby or do anything to let them in.

Someone outside the board room has to be contacted to temporarily join the meeting and let the person in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.