Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have not been able to find an override to fix this on the forums. Can someone please point me to an override to remove this useless recent calls page when trying to transfer? My customers want to simply hit transfer and then select their BLF keys. We just sold them a bunch of phones and they are threatening to return them if they arent able to hit transfer and see their soft keys.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Killean,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition it may also be usefull to state what phone model you are talking about.

You may want to look at this FAQ post:

Jan 6, 2015 Question:How can I return to the default Line Idle Display view during an inbound call on a VVX Business Media Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The phone model is a VVX400. The Firmware is 5.0.1. I also have 4.1.6, 5.1.1, and 5.2.2 at my disposal on my provisioning server. 

The link you supplied is not what I am trying to accomplish. I want to be able to transfer a call to an extension that is on my screen (as in one of the 12 BLF keys) by simply selecting the transfer key and then have the screen show all of my BLF Keys. Why does recent calls even come up? Why would you want to xfer to your recent calls and not the people in your office that are on your screen? I would think that this would be a basic setup. All that I can find on this forums is old posts of people complaining about this. Is there an override to make the transfer key show your home screen when pressed?

HP Recommended

Hello Killean,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

The above explains just because a handful users do not like the implementation used for a feature require careful planning for tens of thousands of users.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Killean,

I actually forgot to post another VoIP FAQ post here:

Apr 24, 2014 Question: How can I transfer a call to a Buddy/shared line/BLF/Contact on a VVX300/VVX400/VVX500/VVX600?

The above explains in detail how to accomplish this via the "Lines" functionality. You could probably even create a new Softkey which would select the transfer Option and then press the 1st Softkey on the Call History screen so you automatically end up in the view your customer wants.

EFK examples can be found here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Killean and all,

I just added example 12 to the EFK post to demonstrate how to hopefully satisfy your customer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffon,

Thank you for adding this guide to your FAQ with the override. I appreciate your time. I believe this is a step in the right direction. The override adds the "Trans" button that brings me to my home screen, but then pressing a soft key dials that users extension, it does not transfer the call to them. Is there a way to make the button start a blind stransfer, bring you to the home screen and then when a BLF key is pressed, have it transfer the call I am on to that extension?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello Killean

the community's VoIP FAQ post for EFK's above holds several examples that could maybe be combined. 

I will have to leave this to yourself or other community members as I can only guide you in the right direction.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried adding this to their configuration:

<key>

key.20.function.prim="$FTransfer$$FSoftkey1$"

</key>

HP Recommended

It appears that there's a bug in the $FTransfer$ command.  It won't work in macros, key reassignments, or softkeys in UC 5.8 or 5.9.  However, the $FConference$ command does work, and you can also substitute $FSoftKey3$ for $FTransfer$.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to report the bug that the $FTransfer$ command won't work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.