Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a error 0x0 and i need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello psylar,

We kindly encourage users in the FAQ to use the search function first before posting a new Issue as many questions have already been answered.

Using the forum search alone I found the answer to your second query => here <=

Searching the Admin Guide, guessing your Software Version, that you should post in your topic as advised in the FAQ I found the answer to your query:

Config file error. Error is <Hex #>
If there is an error in the configuration file, you will not be able to reboot the phones.

You must review the provisioning server configuration, make the correction, and reapply the configuration file by restarting the phones.

This error also happens when phone does a restart (not a reboot) and finds a newer version of BootROM or application; this triggers a reboot.

Usually this error is self-recoverable.

Please utilize the Community with the FAQ and search function in order to fix your issue. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello psylar,

We kindly encourage users in the FAQ to use the search function first before posting a new Issue as many questions have already been answered.

Using the forum search alone I found the answer to your second query => here <=

Searching the Admin Guide, guessing your Software Version, that you should post in your topic as advised in the FAQ I found the answer to your query:

Config file error. Error is <Hex #>
If there is an error in the configuration file, you will not be able to reboot the phones.

You must review the provisioning server configuration, make the correction, and reapply the configuration file by restarting the phones.

This error also happens when phone does a restart (not a reboot) and finds a newer version of BootROM or application; this triggers a reboot.

Usually this error is self-recoverable.

Please utilize the Community with the FAQ and search function in order to fix your issue. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

And if I want to return to factory default can you explain how i can do because i can access to the avanced setting of my phone because is not booting

HP Recommended

Hello psylar,

this community can only work if you at least make an effort and follow the Guidelines.

I had already highlighted the Forum Search and the FAQ in your previous post and still you ask another question that has already been answered:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The Forum is not a replacement for the official Polycom Support and if you are unable to follow the simple instructions in this community please liaise with a Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support via PPI (Pay per Incident)

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

i know you already answer but you don't answer well I Cannot access to the avanced menu my phone don't want to boot and i want to reset to the factory default. And i will not call your company again because YOUR COMPANY is not able to help people by phone. I'm a student to be a system administrator and i buy all the equipement but im not a resseler i need a stupid code to talk to someone so i need to ask my question by text . Sorry this is not a message for you but POLYCOM. This will be good if i can have service .

thank you

HP Recommended

Hello psylar,

the Support Team will provide you with access to the Polycom T2 Engineers once you paid the PPI fee.

This will not be necessary if you would just follow the simple FAQ's that I have setup in this community to answer the most common questions.

But you have to read the FAQ and you may have to click on a additional Link as it is impossible to cram every little bit of detail that the Admin Guide contains into the FAQ.

You still have not provided the Software Version of your Phone or the Phone Model itself but as a general Answer please see here:

Restoring Factory Defaults

For the key combination, press and hold certain key combinations (depending on the phone model) simultaneously during the countdown process in the BootROM until the password prompt appears:

• IP 450, 550, 600, 601, and 650, and 670 and VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
• IP 32x/33x, 560, 5000, 7000: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys
• IP 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
Enter the administrator password to initiate the reset. Resetting to factory defaults will also reset the administrator password (factory default password is 456).

Polycom recommends that you change the administrative password from the default value.

Above Information is included in the Administrator Guide and this can be freely downloaded and studied by yourself.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I've been looking everywhere for factory reset info for the IP5000.  The documentation on the internet is incorrect for this model.

HP Recommended

I have Polycom Ip 6000 and I'm getting the error code "Config File Error  Error 0x0" I cant even go to the advanced setting to reset to factory default. Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello Juvai,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already posted by myself in my last reply:

Restoring Factory Defaults

For the key combination, press and hold certain key combinations (depending on the phone model) simultaneously during the countdown process in the BootROM until the password prompt appears:

• IP 450, 550, 600, 601, and 650, and 670 and VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
• IP 32x/33x, 560, 5000, 7000: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys
• IP 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys

Enter the administrator password to initiate the reset. Resetting to factory defaults will also reset the administrator password (factory default password is 456).

Polycom recommends that you change the administrative password from the default value.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.