Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to Answer a line by picking up the handset or speakerphone

vikan
Occasional Contributor

How to Answer a line by picking up the handset or speakerphone

Hi guys,

We have recently updated to Polycom UC 5 and we didn't have this issue before.
When we have somebody call us, the only way to answer the call is by pressing the "Answer" icon on the LCD of our Polycom VVX 500 and 600 phones.

In the past, just picking up the handset or pressing the speakerphone button would answer the incoming call. Would somebody know what the setting is to bring this behavior back?

We've looked through the Administrator guide and have not been able to find this setting.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to Answer a line by picking up the handset or speakerphone

Hello vikan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is a Parameter

up.offHookAction.none

that would force this but you would have to added this yourself.

Simply export the configuration and cross check.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
vikan
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to Answer a line by picking up the handset or speakerphone

Thank you for the reply.

Would the setting be: call.stickyAutoLineSeize ?

Message 3 of 3