Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a new IP 6000 and it was working properly yesterday.  Now, today it won't boot and the three lights on the top of the phone are blinking red every few seconds.  Not connected via POE, using the power adapter which I swapped from another phone.   What is wrong with the phone?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello mwagon,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What kind of Power Supply did you use and from what phone ?

The original compatible Polycom power kit is:

2200-42740-001

AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 6000 and Touch Control. 100-240V, 0.4A, 48VDC. Includes PSU, POE Power Injector Cable and local cordset with North America plug.

The -001 is the country option and may differ for your country.

We recommend PoE or the specific Power supply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I used the power supply that came with the phone. Polycom Part# is 1465-42740-003. I have another IP 6000 that I plugged into the same location using the same cabling and power supply and it booted fine.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I am also having the exact same issue regarding my IP6000 and have used the same network conenction on other IP6000's we use and they seem to be booting up fine.

Any information on this to help will be very muhc appreciated.

Kind regards,

Billy

HP Recommended
Hello all, I would recommend to contact your Polycom reseller. Best Regards Steffen Baier
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there a solution to this? I have 2 phones that randomly work over PoE from switch or just have the 3 red constant lights. All others work fine. Switch is new/tested and supplying enough power, tried different ports.

HP Recommended

Hello CV_Mike,

Not providing any details on the history of these devices does not enable the community to make some valid suggestions on troubleshooting this.

• Are these brand new units or have these been used before and stopped working or have they been purchased from some internet auction platform?

In addition it is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

It turns out that now the phones don't even work with the original power adapter. I just have constant red lights. They were purchased new from Vonage and now out of warranty. Can anything be done?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

So I got one phone to start if I use the power adapter and disconnect the network cable while powering up. Is is possible to upgrade the software? It's on v4.1.3.0052

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello CV_mike,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.