Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Okay, I have solved this issue.

First, I have confirmed that EndPoint Manager (EPM) under FreePBX *does* continue to use the old file name conventions even though they are using 3.3+ Polycom firmware.  No real issue there, as long as you are aware of it.

The XML sequence that I needed was this:

<se>
  <se.rt>
    <se.rt.ringAutoAnswer se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.callWait="callWaiting" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.name="Ring Answer" 
      se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer1" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="500" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.type="ring-answer">
    </se.rt.ringAutoAnswer>
  </se.rt>
</se>

The "ringer1" got rid of the phone ringing before going off-hook.  There is a little beep on the phone when it goes off-hook, which is perfect.  The timeout=500 gets the phone off-hook in 1/2 second instead of the 2 full second default.

It appears that all other <se /> settings were unaffected by the single table entry change that I made.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

HP Recommended

I can confirm these configuration values are still true on PolyOS 7.2.2. Thanks, Steffen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.