Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've recently recieved two demo phones (a 600 and an 500) to test out in our Lync 2013 environment.

I've configured the phones with the Base Profile of "Lync" and they sign-in to Lync with no issues.  I see all my contacts, etc.

The problem I'm experiencing is trying to make a call.

If I dial out, (Lync-to-Lync calls as well) the number normalizes and nothing happens for about 120 seconds.  Then the phone number switches to show the sip command string "sip:+19994447777@mydomain.com"

In the logs I see this when the call starts:

0607095300|ice  |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 4
0607095300|ice  |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 5

Then after about 120 seconds, the call goes
0607095419|ice  |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 4
0607095426|app1 |4|00|DBS event contains a handle (0x108a200) that's invalid
0607095426|app1 |4|00|DBS event contains a handle (0x10859b8) that's invalid

I've read through the Lync Provisioning Guide, and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Phone Information
Phone ModelVVX 600
Part Number3111-44600-001 Rev:A
MAC Address00:04:F2:80:CE:C1
IP Address10.80.10.41
UC Software Version4.1.3.6827
BootROM Software Version5.1.3.10644

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello hoddino,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should really work with the Polycom SE that provided the phones for you.

Usually this is a miss configuration of the DNS EDGE Server address.

Best place to start looking is a spanned port wireshark trace for the DNS resolve of the EDGE.

You can workaround this network configuration issue most likely by setting:

tcpIpApp.ice.mode="disabled"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That was the solution!

Am I losing functionality by disabling that mode?

HP Recommended

Hello,

well for some reason your network is configured incorrectly.

The workaround fixes the issue but you will not be able to receive external calls via federated users.

You need to fix the issue on your end.

Please work with your Polycom SE and especially Microsoft or whoever designed your solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I ran into the same problem with my vvx 500 phones. After doing some research it turns out that my edge server didn't have a route back to the vlan that my vvx 500 phone ran on. This was found out when I hooked up my phone to a vlan that I had defined a static route on my lync edge server.

The static routes on the edge server should entail your internal vlans/networks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.