Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all. I am reaching out to this channel as a last ditch effort before we return this product and move over to another platform. Since day one we have had nothing but problems with this solution and it has never truly worked. I've opened multiple cases with poly and there never seems to be a solution other than wait for the next release. We've waited for three releases and none of them fix our issue. 

The problem we are having is with getting the X50 and TC8 to work on any version other than 3.3.1. On other versions the system either does not log into Teams or we have video issues where it freezes. I've read other posts on here that seems like V3.6 is working with Teams so that is why I am here. 

If we are on V3.6 I simply cannot log our conference room O365 account into either device. I keep getting an infinite login loop where it asks me to log into O365 either with a password or using the code method. The account we are using in O365 is set up as a room and has the following licenses: 

- Communications Credits

Microsoft 365 Audio Conferencing
Microsoft 365 Domestic Calling Plan
- Microsoft Teams Rooms Standard
-Office 365 E3 (added recently because I read somewhere it might need it)

We do not use Intune in our O365 but if it is necessary please let me know and we can enable it for these devices. I have tried adding the serial number of both the TC8 and X50 to the Intune Corporate Device Identifiers but had no luck. I have also made sure that before logging into the devices there are no entries under devices for the conf. room user.

Is there anything in particular that I need to do in order to get this to log in and function? Anything would help. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @lsanchez ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

None of the described issues should have anything to do with Poly as we are only supplying the platform our Partner Microsofts Application runs on. Any restrictions caused by the platform aka Teams "should" be troubleshot by Microsoft.

I suggest you check my reply >here< and to move forward with work with our Partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello!

Feel free to reach out to me directly. I have a full lab deployment that I could use to emulate your environment and see if we can pinpoint the issue. I can also provide you with a known working account for an X50 from my lab and see if it registers to my O365 tenant to take O365 out of the equation for some testing.

HP Recommended

That doesn't really answer my question though. Is Intune required to run the X50 and TC8? We do not use Intune, that is why I ask and your link specifies the changes for Intune only. 

We were told that this was a plug and play system with Teams so I do not buy that the issue is not a Poly issue. A true plug and play system means that both partners should be on the same page and should work together to come up with a working solution. It is not up to the customer to get both vendors aligned especially when we paid such a high price for the system. 

HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out and offering to help. At this point we are getting a little fed up with support so I am willing to try any suggestions. If you have a working account that I can compare my O365 room with that would be great. 

Also if you have any specifics that I need on the account please let me know. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

We do not use Intune in our environment with our X50's.

HP Recommended

Michael,

Is there something special that needs to be set on the O365 account for the conference room? Do I have the correct licenses on it? 

What version are you running in your X50? 

HP Recommended

Hello @lsanchez 

first of all there is no official Poly Support affiliation within this community. We are all just volunteers. 

Purchasing a Poly solution specifically designed for our Partner Microsoft all questions around this should be directed at Microsoft. 

They can support their solution without us volunteers assuming what your issue could be. 

replied via a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

On my X50 system: Current Version: 3.6.0-350035

I have the mailbox in O365 setup as a Resource Mailbox and the only license applied is the Microsoft 365 Business Basic.

HP Recommended

Hey @lsanchez ,

can you please check / make sure that you haven´t hit the max devices limit ?

You can more details on where to find this setting in my blog post here (translation option in the upper right corner):

https://aitsc.de/blog/mtr-on-android-troubleshooting-die-haeufigsten-probleme/

Look for "Your device keeps logging out / cannot log in".

Regards,

Uwe

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.