Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Configuring SIP CX5500

SOLVED
AdminCampusLaureate
Occasional Visitor

Configuring SIP CX5500

Hello Community,

i´ve got a question for you.

I take place at this position in September 2017, and now i get information, that we are using a CX5500 Video-Presence and Audio Unit. Last Month we get a Cloud-VoIP Telephone Array from Vodafone.

And now i want to configure the SIP-Client inside the CX5500. In first try, i get, that the line is not registered.

Can you help me with the Settings, to get this work??

I get the following Settings from Provider.

Name: Video, Conferencing
SIP Username: 151308869011314431
SIP Password: xxxxxxxxx
Registrar: onenetbusiness.vodafone.de
Outbound Proxy: onenetbusiness.vodafone.de

Hope to hear from you.

My SoftwareVersion: 1.3.2.120025 

S/N: 82152943F0B9DA 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Configuring SIP CX5500

Hello @AdminCampusLaureate,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Karthik  Sivaram
Polycom Employee

Hello AdminCampus,

The CX5500 is not officially certified for the Vodafone Cloud. However if Vodafone can do RFC 3261 then the following method can be tested with :

https://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/dg_soundstatio...

The above document is for soundstation phones with CUCM but you can use the same configuration steps on the CX5500 .
Please note that if a CX5500 is registered to an IP PBX it will work as an audio only phone.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @AdminCampusLaureate,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3