[FAQ] How can I lock my phone?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I lock my phone?

The UCS 3.3.0 Software Version introduced the functionality to lock the Phone.

NOTE: All configuration changes need to be loaded from a provisioning server or imported via the Web Interface if supported (UCS > 4.x.x)

This is not the Skype for Business Lock functionality described => here <= 

OPTION 1 (via the Web Interface UCS 4.0.0 or later only):

PhoneLock_WebInterface.PNG

OPTION 2:

A simple example configuration looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Phone Lock Example -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
<feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"/>
  <lock>
    <lock phoneLock.enabled="1"/>
    </lock>
</polycomConfig>

The basic feature needs to be enabled via the enhancedFeatureKeys and then activated via the phoneLock.enabled.

Lock your phone to do the following:

• Prevent unauthorized outgoing calls.

• Allow only authorized people to answer calls.

• Prevent people from viewing or modifying phone displays or information (for example, menus, directory lists, call records, and speed dial keys).

Phone locked:

PhoneLock_IP7000.PNG

When your phone is locked:

• You can only make an outgoing call to a number from a list of authorized numbers.

• You have to enter a password to answer incoming calls. (Changed new feature no longer requires this was added in UC Software 5.4.4)

• All keys and soft keys are disabled, except those keys that allow you to unlock the phone, make an authorized call, redial a number, or view the browser (if enabled).

The Phone can be unlocked using the standard user password of 123 or the administrator password of 456.

You change the User Password via the Phone (please see the attached phone_lock_feature document) or you can use:

<device device.set="1">
    <device.auth device.auth.localUserPassword="12345678">
      <device.auth.localUserPassword device.auth.localUserPassword.set="1"></device.auth.localUserPassword>
 </device.auth>

Additional Values:

Attribute

Permitted Values

Interpretation

phoneLock.authorized.x.description

string

The label to be associated with the number displayed to the user from the phone’s user interface.

phoneLock.authorized.x.value

string

The number or address for an authorized contact. Up to five (x=1 to 5) authorized contacts that a user can call while their phone is locked.

phoneLock.browserEnabled

0 or 1

If 0, the microbrowser or browser is not displayed while the phone is locked. If 1, the microbrowser or browser is displayed while the phone is locked.

phoneLock.dndWhenLocked

0 or 1

If 0, the phone can receive calls while it is locked. If 1, the phone enters Do-Not-Disturb mode while it is locked.

phoneLock.idleTimeout

0 to 65535

The amount of time (in seconds) the phone can be idle before it automatically locks. If 0, automatic locking is disabled.

phoneLock.lockState

0 or 1

If 0, the phone will be unlocked after the first reboot. If 1, the phone will be locked after the first reboot.

phoneLock.powerUpUnlocked

0 or 1

If 0, the phone is locked it powers up. If 1, the phone is unlocked when it powers up.

phoneLock.Allow.AnswerOnLock

0 or 1

If 1, the phone answers any incoming call without asking to UNLOCK. If 0, the phone asks to UNLOCK before

answering. Added in UC Software 5.4.4

NOTE: Please check the UCS Admin Guide matching your Software Version and consult your Polycom reseller for additional support.

Adding a Phone Lock Softkey to the Idle screen:

<web phoneLock.enabled = "1" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Lock" softkey.1.action="$FLockPhone$" 
softkey.1.use.idle="1" feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />

The above creates a Lock Softkey 

PhoneLockSoftkey.JPG

For more details on Soft Keys please check => here <=

Trio Lock:

lock_01.pnglock_02.png

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.