Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8800 Service Unavailable

VickieP
Advisor

Polycom Trio 8800 Service Unavailable

Hello,

I am trying to accept a call to our Trio 8800, and it rings, but the "Answer" or "decline" button does not appear? I tried to call out on the Trio and I get "Service Unavailable". The software on the Trio is 5.4.3.2400

Please advise.

Regards,

Victoria

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
VickieP
Advisor

Re: Polycom Trio 8800 Service Unavailable

Also, I have tried a factory reset and this did not help. We are connected PoE.

Message 2 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Victoria,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is of utter importance to always run the latest software so please update the Trio to a currently supported software version. At the time of writing this is UC Software 5.4.5.9188 Rev AC

In addition is this a SIP or a Skype for Business / LYNC setup?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 6
VickieP
Advisor

Hi Steffen,

This is a SIP setup.  I am working on upgraded the firmware now. It just confuses me that I can see the calls coming in, there is just no way to answer them, as it does not give me the answer or decline options.

Regards,

Victoria

Message 4 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Victoria,

Did you ever solve your other issue => here <= ?

For your new issue the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Get us some logs so we can look at this. And maybe also a backup of your configuration.

Export:

Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 6
VickieP
Advisor

Hello Steffen,

No, we were unsuccessful with our IP 6000, but I was able to figure out the problem on the Trio.

All I needed to do was change the Base Profile fron Lync to Generic. Now the answer and decline icon appear when the call comes in.

Regards,

Victoria

Message 6 of 6