Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 411 Volume

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom VVX 411 Volume

Hi,

We've recently migrated from Nortel Phone to Polycom Phone, However, we noticed there's significant volume decrease even though we've set to Maximum call volume from keypad. The agent couldn't hear customer well, and hence bad Customer/Agent experience.

I understand the phones volume level are carefully adjusted to meet international levels and regulations and should therefore only be modified whilst consulting with Polycom support.

Is there any way for us to further increase the call volume by cfg file??

Regards,

CK

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom VVX 411 Volume

hi Chunkeat,

Not sure of the exact firmware version you are running since it is not mentioned in your post . All I can suggest from your post is to run the latest firmware .

Also , the audio codec being used needs to be checked . For example if you are using G729 then it will be compressed audio and hence the quality with differ for
G711 (uncompressed audio).

There is also a FAQ on the configuration file volume changes that you can test with => here <=

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Polycom VVX 411 Volume

Thanks Karthik.

There's no problem with my Polycom Phone persistent volume setting. The agent is complaining it's still too soft even though we have it configured to max volume.

The Phone is running on 5.5.0.20556 firmware. Also, for the codec, we're using G711 a-law here in Asia Pacific.

I'm just wonder if there's any cfg file that I can modify to further allow the Polycom Phone Volume?

Regards,

CK

Message 3 of 3