Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We did a factory reset on a couple of Polycom Soundpoint IP 335 phones.  Pointed them to our config files and they picked their configurations nicely.  One of those phones wound up in the Mountain Time Zone and we need to change the GMT offset.  I changed the GMT offset in the configuration file on the provisioning server and restarted the phone.  The phone STUBBORNLY refuses to accept the new time zone. 

Likewise I provisioned one phone to be extension 105 and 106, then learned we need it to be extension 102 and 103.  Dutifully I changed the configuration file telling the phone to register as 102 and 103.  It now registers as 102 and 106!!  NOTHING I do will cause the second line to register as 103...it retains the original setup as 106.  Interestingly if you look at the phone's web interface is reflects the right info (102 and 103), but the phone still registers as 102 and 106.

Is there something I have to do, some switch in the provisioning file that needs to be turned on to force the phone to overwrite a configuration item?  What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello SchrodingersCat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We actively encourage users in the FAQ to utilize the search Function and to read the FAQ.

In addition we ask users to provide the Software Revision of the Phone in question.

The FAQ itself holds a entry that explains the Factory Reset => here <=

QUOTE:

The basic network configuration referred to in the subsequent sections can be reset to factory defaults using a menu selection from the Advanced Settings menu or using a multiple key combination described in Multiple Key Combinations.
Above only reset's the Phones Network Settings

By using the Factory reset Option only the Network Settings are cleared. Depending on the Provisioning Method used (we recommend FTP)  the Phone may load a <mac>-phone.cfg which overwrites any settings made via the Provisioning File.
This is working as designed.
If a Provisioning method is used that does not allow the Phone to write back any configuration changes made via the Web Interface or the Phone itself the End User may not be able to change settings on the Phone until the File System is formatted.
Any <mac>-phone.cfg  and / or <mac>-web.cfg files on the Provisioning Server should be removed or the Parameters in question removed.
Since UCS 3.3.x enhanced troubleshooting capabilities have been built into the software that help checking the configuration. Please check => here <= for further details.
For further support please ensure to check the FAQ first and work with your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support via PPI (pay per incident).
Best Regards
Steffen Baier
Polycom Global Services
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.