Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
  • This is a quick overview of the most common asked questions in regards to Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business and the full VoIP FAQ can be found => here <=

• This Section will be updated from time to time.

• The Poly Community is not a replacement for Poly Global Services Support and you may be asked to contact your Reseller or if outside warranty to work with Poly Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident)

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

NOTE:

Please ensure before posting any new Question in the Community that you:

Once a new Post is started please provide the minimum Information:

• Provide the Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Details of the Microsoft Platform
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question
    UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup
    Ensure private information is obfuscated
  • If possible provide a => Log <= and either attach them or use the => Code Tag <=. 
    Ensure private information is obfuscated
    Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For general questions around Support please check here

NOTE: Please ensure to consult the Admin Guide as commands provided may vary depending on the UC Software Version

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway (retired 31.07.2023 >here< please move to Microsoft Teams SIP gateway >here<) or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway (retired 31.07.2023 >here< please move to Microsoft Teams SIP gateway >here<), Microsoft SIP gateway or Teams?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Dec 14, 2011 Question: Where can I find the Software for the Poly CX Phone range?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Why can we not sign in to Skype for Business via Pin & Extension?

Resolution: Please verify that the phone has the => correct time <= and the Option 43 and Option 120 is setup in the DHCP scope as explained =>here <= or => here <= 

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 BToE is no longer active

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 or later and running Skype for Business or LYNC base profile I can no longer access the Web Interface

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the Error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phone's screen

Oct 10, 2011 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out the IP Address of my Phone?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the Standard Username and Password for a Poly Phone?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my UC Software Version or the Updater Version of my Phone?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What UC Software Version or Updater Version is supported by my Phone?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I change the Menu Language of my Phone?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication/triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I display my phone Extension rather than the Username using LYNC?

Sep 30 2014 Question: Can I sign in to Skype for Business using the Web Interface?

Apr 01, 2015 Question: Does a Poly Phone support a Common Area Phone / CAP mode?

Jun 05, 2015 QuestionWhy does the LYNC Base Profile orderable SKU no longer look for DHCP Option 160?

ResolutionIn order to ensure backwards compatibility a new Option 161 was added for the LYNC Base profile

Aug 25, 2015 QuestionHow can I add a Skype for Business Favorite to the Phone or Expansion module?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Sep 03, 2015 Question: Why is my VVX Phone displaying an icon next to Line Name when in LYNC mode?

Jul 14, 2015 Question: Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jul 07, 2015 Question: Unable to display more than 12 Search results from a Lync Server address book service contact search?

Resolution: Utilize the feature.lync.abs.maxResult Parameter for a minimum of 5 or a maximum of 50.

Jul 07, 2015 Question:Does a Poly Phone in LYNC base profile support Reverse Name Lookup (RNL)?

Resolution: VVX UC Software 5.8.0 added this feature. The Factory default uses Outlook,SIP,ABS,Local in this order

Sep 22, 2015 Question: How to gather logs from a CX5500 unit?

Dec 04, 2015 Question: How can I provision the RealPresence Trio 8800 and/or Visual+/VisualPro?

Jan 04, 2016 Question:How do I upgrade a CX5500 unit?

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of a Line and/or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <= and the limit using EFLK is 100.

Jan 08, 2016 Question: Can I use the Paper Expansion Module with LYNC / Skype for Business?

Resolution: The VVX Paper Expansion Module does not support Microsoft Lync/ Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway (retired 31.07.2023 >here< please move to Microsoft Teams SIP gateway >here<) / Skype for Business

Jan 25, 2016 Question: How many Lines can I register using Poly phones with Skype for Business server?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Poly Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway  (retired 31.07.2023 >here< please move to Microsoft Teams SIP gateway >here<)

Jan 26, 2016 Question: Can I make Video Calls between a VVX phone and a Client on a Lync Server / Skype for Business server?

Resolution: Using a Poly EagleEye Mini USB Camera and a Poly VVX501 or VVX 601 utilizing UC Software 5.8.1 or later. Please check => here <= for details on Video Calls

Jan 26, 2016 Question: Can I troubleshoot BToE or changes settings?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

Jan 27, 2016 Question: Are there any firewall ports required to be open when using BToE ?

Jan 27, 2016 Question: Why do I receive a missed call email notification using a Poly VVX Business Media Phone?

Feb 01, 2016 QuestionWhy am I unable to disable the call forwarding softkey on a Poly VVX Phone since upgrading to UC Software 5.4.0 or later?

ResolutionWhen using a Poly VVX Phone running UC Software 5.4.0 or later in LYNC Base profile the Skype for Business / LYNC Voice Routing => Voice Policy takes precedence over the softkey.feature.forward=”0” parameter. Either creating a new Voice Policy for these phones or removing the “Enable call forwarding” and/or “Enable simultaneous ringing of phones” will disable the key.

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded or change settings automatically via Skype for Business and/or Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway (retired 31.07.2023 >here< please move to Microsoft Teams SIP gateway >here<)?

Resolution: For Skype for Business please download, unpack, and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

Feb 16, 2016 Question: What type of content-sharing experience should I expect from the Poly  Visual+?

ResolutionThe original performance of the Poly Trio content sharing over Microsoft Skype for Business is designed for static and semi-static content such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc. The content was limited to a maximum of 5 frames per second (fps). A low framerate would cause content sharing of full-motion video, quick screen refresh, fast scrolling and quick mouse movement to appear choppy and slow. Content sharing performance of the Poly Trio was on par with that of the receiving Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business desktop client.

• UC Software 5.5.3 added VBSS receive capabilities using a Visual+
  • UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AB in combination with a VisualPro added VBSS send / transmit capabilities

Mar 03, 2016 QuestionUnable to establish a Video Call or Content between a Lync for Mac 2011 client and a Poly Trio Visual+/VisualPro

Resolution:The Lync for Mac 2011 client supports only RTV and not xh264uc. There are no plans for the Poly Trio Visual+/VisualPro to support the RTV codec and Microsoft is working on a new Lync for Mac client which should add SVC support. Please contact Microsoft for more details

Mar 30, 2016 Question: Can I enable the Web Interface on a Poly Trio?

Mar 30, 2016 Question: How can I pair a Poly Visual+ with a Poly Trio?

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I customize the Skype for Business sign in and out options on a Poly Trio or VVX Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I remove the Poly Logo from a Poly Visual+/VisualPro connected to a Poly Trio 8800/8500?

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I customize the Home Screen on a Poly Trio 8800/8500?

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I customize the background Picture of a Poly Visual+/VisualPro  connected to a Polycom Trio 8800/8500?

Apr 22, 2016 Question:Why am I being asked to contact my Poly reseller for further support?

Apr 22, 2016 Question:Why am I being asked to to provide my products MAC address?

Resolution: Poly only sells to qualified resellers and these may sell via dealers who may not be trained on these products. In order to identify the reseller the unit was sold via we need the MAC address to provide their details so they can open a support ticket as explained => here <= 

May 02, 2016 Question:Determine the Skype for Business status via the Polycom Trio or a Polycom VVX Business Media phone Web Interface?

Resolution:Browse to the Phones Web Address and after identifying as the Admin User browse to Diagnostics > Skype for Business Status

Jun 02, 2016 Question:How can I disable the Skype for Business lock Policies for Poly phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Unable to receive content from a Skype for Business 2016 client

Resolution:The Poly Trio prior to UC Software 5.5.3 did not support VBSS.

Jun 25, 2016 Question:Can a Poly VVX Business Media Phone or a Polycom Trio enable Simultaneous Ring via the Phone GUI?

Resolution:Poly VVX Business Media Phone can do this since UC Software 5.9.0
A Poly Trio cannot enable or assign Delegates or Boss-Admin and a Lync or Skype for Business Client is required to assign this. Please check the “Using Polycom® VVX® Phones in a Microsoft® Lync™ Environment Quick User” Guide

Jul 13, 2016 Question:How do I sign into an Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway account?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

Aug 10, 2016 Question:Why does the Poly Trio 8800/8500 not display the Meeting Subject if using a Room Account?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

Sep 20, 2016 Question:Does the Poly Visual+ require to be set into Lync Base Profile?

Resolution:There is no need to change any setting on the Visual+ as all relevant configuration changes are controlled by the Trio itself.

Jan 04, 2017 Question:Can I change the Theme into Classic on a Phone running the Skype for Business Base Profile and UC Software 5.5.1 or later?

Resolution: No you cannot change this.

Apr 1, 2016 Question: Can a Poly Visual+/VisualPro/Trio 8800/8500 receive PowerPoint Files and/or Whiteboard?

Resolution: This is at present not supported.

Jan 27, 2017 Question:What Mac OS Versions are supported by the CX5100 or CX5500?

Resolution: Software 1.3.x supports

OS X 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
OS X 0.11 El Capitan (Gala)
OS X 0.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)

Feb 02, 2017 Question:Can I select what details the Poly Trio removes from a Private Meeting?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Feb 13, 2017 Question:Why am I receiving a "Hold Failed. Moving back to call" Message and am unable to transfer or hold a call?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Changing the Base Profile to Microsoft Teams / Skype for Business / Zoom / Skype for Business USB Optimized

Using the Web Interface as explained => here <= and then change the Base Profile

Manually using the Phone UI:

• If the Phone is running in Microsoft Teams Profile select Settings top right

• Select Admin Only

• Select Profile and the user can select between the available Profiles

Poly CCX, Trio or VVX Phones running openSIP or Skype for Business Base Profile

• Press Settings or Menu Key and then Settings
    imageimage

• Select Advanced
    imageimage

• Enter the Password (Factory default 456)

imageimage

• Select Administration Settings

imageimage

• Select Network Configuration

imageimage

• Scroll down and change the Base Profile to Lync / Skype for Business

imageimage

The Phone will reboot and the Web Interface will be disabled. To activate the Web Interface please check => here <=

Option 2 for VVX Phones:

To set the Base Profile to Lync using the multi-key combo shortcut:

1. Press the phone’s Home/Menu key.

2. From the idle screen, press and hold the following key combination on the phone keypad for about 3 seconds. These multi-key combo (MKC) keys vary by phone.

3. Polycom SoundPoint IP 550, 560, and 650 desktop phones: 5, 7, 8, *

4. VVX 300, 310, 400, and 410 business media phones: 1, 4, 9

5. VVX 500 and 600 business media phones: 1, 4, 9

6. VVX 1500 business media phones: 1, 4, 9

7. SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450 desktop phones; SoundStation 5000, SoundStation Duo conference phones: 1, 2, 4, 5

8. Pressing and holding the MKC keys causes the Base Profile Password menu to display.

9. In the Base Profile Password screen, enter the password (default 456) and press Enter.

10. In the Base Profile menu, select Lync.

The Phone will reboot and the Web Interface will be disabled. To activate the Web Interface please check => here <=

HP Recommended

Feb 15, 2017 Question:What is a Skype for Business / Stock Keeping Unit?

Resolution: Have a look => here <= or check the License requirement described above => here <=

Mar 22, 2017 Question:Can I pair a Poly D60 with a Phone in Skype for Business base profile?

Resolution: No this is not possible.

Apr 06, 2017 Question:Poly VVX Business Media Phone and Poly Trio unable to add Favourites from Skype for Business

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Apr 21, 2017 Question:Can I arrange my Skype for Business Favorites alphabetically on my Phone?

Apr 21, 2017 Question:Can I call a Voice Mail directly of a Skype for Business contact?

Apr 21, 2017 Question:Where can I find a full list of parameters that are supported by Poly VVX phones in a QoE report?

Resolution: Please check page 66 => here <=

May 18, 2017 Question: Unable to answer a call on a SLA / Shared Line Appearance by simply lifting the handset?

Resolution: The factory default ringer for an SLA is the silent ring as explained => here <=

Jul 31, 2017 Question: How can I prevent a Poly VVX Phone or a Poly Trio to accept some settings automatically via Skype for Business on Premise or Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Aug 01, 2017 Question: Why am I unable to activate BToE using a VVX phone and Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway?

Resolution: Some parameters are provisioned via Skype for Business Online as explained in this post => here <=

Sep 04, 2017 Question: Does a SoundStation or SoundPoint IP support Microsoft Teams 3PIP gateway?

Resolution: As explained => here <= they are only compatible with LYNC 2010 and LYNC 2013

Sep 04, 2017 Question:Can I sign in to Skype for Business using configuration parameters/provision Login Credentials?

Resolution: Please see this post => here <=

Nov 02, 2017 Question:How can I disable the Sign-In Wizard on a Poly Phone?

Resolution: Please see this post => here <=

Dec 15, 2017 Question: Do Poly Phones support Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD)?

Resolution: Since UC Software 5.7.0 this feature is supported on VVX Business Media phones,  Poly Trio since UC Software 5.7.1 as shown => here <=

Dec 15, 2017 Question: Do Poly Phones support the Silk Audio Codec?

Resolution: VVX 501 and 601 Business Media phones support this since 5.7.0 and the Trio since 5.5.2

Dec 15, 2017 Question: Do Poly Phones support Hot Desking?

Resolution: Since 5.7.0 this feature is supported on VVX Business Media phones as shown => here <=

Dec 15, 2017 Question:Does BToE for Poly Phones support Citrix VDI?

Resolution: This feature is currently supported on VVX Business Media running 5.7.0 and BToE 3.7.0 or later as shown => here <=

Dec 15, 2017 Question: Does BToE for Poly Phones support Pairing without the PC being connected to the Phone?

Resolution: This feature was added to VVX Business Media running 5.7.0 and BToE 3.7.0 or later

Dec 15, 2017 Question:Do Poly Phones support separate login credentials for Exchange?

Resolution: This feature is currently supported on Poly Trio Phones running 5.5.2  or later as shown => here <=

Dec 20, 2017 Question: Does the Poly Trio EagleEye™ IV USB Camera MSR Camera require certain software to work?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Dec 20, 2017 Question: Do Poly phones support the Silc codec?

Resolution: The VVX 501 and 601 and the Poly Trio support Silc

Jan 12, 2018 Question: Why does my Poly phone disable BusyOnBusy?

Resolution:Due an issue with our call forward implementation this issue will be fixed as explained => here <=

Jan 16, 2018 Question: Why does Skype for Business online upgrade/downgrade a Poly phone software?

Resolution:This can be disabled as shown => here <=

Feb 26, 2018 Question: How can I share my desktop in a Skype for Business call utilizing a Poly Trio with a Visual+/VisualPro?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Mar 30, 2018 Question: How can I customize the way my DID/Direct Inward Dialing Number is being displayed on the phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Apr 27, 2018 Question: Does Poly support Modern Authentication on Poly phones?

Resolution: Modern Authentication ADFS is only supported via Web Sign-In

May 02, 2018 Question: Will Microsoft Teams support Lync Phone Edition (LPE)?

Resolution: Whilst our Partner Microsoft originally planned to support LPE against Teams, there are multiple factors that prevent them from enabling them to work with Teams:

• Mainstream support for LPE ended on April 10, 2018, see Lifecycle page for Lync Phone Edition
  • Office 365 will not support any version of TLS older than 1.2 later this year. Since the underlying operating system of LPE does not support TLS 1.2, LPE will not be supported to connect to Office 365 anymore. See Preparing for the mandatory use of TLS 1.2 in Office 365 for more details.

May 02, 2018 Question: Which LPE Phones will be affected by the change to TLS 1.2?

Resolution: Devices impacted are CX500, CX600, and CX3000

May 02, 2018 Question: Can I connect to on-premises deployments of Skype for Business Server?

Resolution: LPE device users can continue connecting to on-premises deployments that use TLS 1.0. However, compliance requirements—such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)—may force your customers to upgrade to TLS 1.2

May 02, 2018 Question: What are my options for new devices regarding an existing Skype for Business infrastructure and a potential move to Microsoft Teams?

May 21, 2018 Question: Why does my Poly phone lock out my account when I changed the password?

Resolution: Via EN-68765 in VVX UC Software 5.7.2 we improved the handling when we receive a 500 error from Skype for Business.

Jun 07, 2018 Question: How can I prevent the Poly Trio from logging out of Exchange?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for additional parameters

May 29, 2018 Question: How can I change the Skype for Business logging levels?

Resolution: This feature was actually added back in the UCS 5.5.2 release.  It allows the phone to read the in-band logging level configuration defined in a Lync Server or Skype for Business Server on-premises deployment controlled by the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration cmdlet.  The cmdlet LoggingLevel parameter can be set to Off, Low, Medium, or High values.

The following table lists the individual component logging values in the phone that are configured in conjunction with each of the four possible values in the server parameter.

Feature Off Low Medium High
ICE 4 4 0 0
ICE 4 4 0 0
TICKT 4 4 0 0
SIP 4 4 2 0
EC 4 4 2 2
APP1 4 4 2 2
SO 4 4 2 2
AFE 5 5 2 2
PPS 4 4 1 1
PGUI 4 4 2 2
BTOE 4 4 2 2
ServiceAuth 2 2 2 2
ServiceDevicePair 4 4 2 2
ServiceProxy 4 2 2 2
ServiceWad 2 2 2 2

If unable to do so please download the attached Skype_server_log_setting_enabled_OFf.zip file, Unzip the file and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Aug 20, 2018 Question:Is BToE 3.8.0 or later compatible with any UC Software?

Resolution:No BToE 3.8.0 or later requires UC Software 5.8.0 or later

Sep 06, 2018 Question: How can I force my phone to dial the Phone Number of a Contact rather than the Email / URI?

Resolution: UC Software 5.5.2 added a feature as explained => here <= to memorize the choice

Aug 15, 2018 Question: Can I enable more than 1 Line on my Poly Trio?

Resolution: UC Software 5.5.2 for Poly Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <=  and it can be up to 3 different lines.

Aug 29, 2018 Question: Can I connect/pair my Poly Trio to a Poly RealPresence GroupSeries?

Resolution: UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AB or later for Poly Trio added support to connect to a GroupSeries running 6.1.8 or later. This also allows using additional supported cameras via the GroupSeries. More details can be found => here <=

Aug 29, 2018 Question: Are there any limitations when pairing a GroupSeries with a Poly Trio?

Resolution: The GroupSeries must be hardware 20 or later as shown => here <=

Sep 19, 2018 Question: Can I share Audio on a Poly Trio when paired with a Visual+ / VisualPro?

Resolution: From Trio 5.5.2 RevAB and VisualPro 6.1.10 onwards Audio can be shared when using the HDMI In on either VBSS or BFCP

Oct 19, 2018 Question: Why does my Poly phone not show the Skype for Business Sign In Options?

Resolution: Most likely the variant purchased was not an official Skype for Business SKU. A phone can switch profiles to support this but please ensure the relevant License is purchased. More details and instructions can be found => here <=

May 15, 2017 Question: Can I use another USB camera with Poly Trio Visual+?

ResolutionOriginally the Poly Trio only supported the Logitech C930. UC Software 5.5.3 added the ability to the Trio 8800 to also use a EagleEye™ IV USB Camera. The UC Software 5.7.1 release added support to use the EagleEye Mini for both the Trio 8800 and Trio 8500.

Camera Trio 8800 Trio 8500
Logitech C930 5.4.0 or later 5.5.2 or later
EagleEye USB 5.5.3 or later N/A
EagleEye Mini 5.7.1 or later 5.7.1 or later

Nov 16, 2018 Question: How can I change my Voice Mail Pin using Skype for Business?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <=

Feb 20, 2019 Question: Is there an official FAQ around Poly VoIP Phones and Microsoft Teams?

April 16. 2019 Question: What Poly Phones support Microsoft Teams?

July 19. 2019 Question: Can a Poly Trio 8800 or 8500 support Microsoft Teams or Zoom at the same time as Skype for Business or openSIP?

Resolution: If the Poly Trio is running the native Teams app you cannot use any other Line.
Teams on the Trio 8500/8800 are mutually exclusive and do not allow pairing with a Visual+/VisualPro for Video. The device will be Audio only.
The native Zoom room application is the same. Zoom can be used in a Hybrid setup as explained => here <=

July 24. 2019 Question: Can a Poly Phone support Skype for Business at the same time as openSIP or Zoom/BlueJeans?

Resolution: Check the Post => here <=  as it can be up to 3 different lines.

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <= or if not being able to get this check >here< how to get them via the Phone Logs and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

July 31. 2019 Question: Are any Poly Phones like VVX or Trio compatible with the consumer version of Skype?

Resolution: No they are not tested or supported

Nov 6. 2019 Question: Is there a difference between the Software Microsoft supplies via Skype for Business to other versions supplied by Poly?

Resolution: Microsoft does not always host the latest software. Poly-supported software for Skype for Business can always be found >here< and questions about support are answered >here<. In order to prevent Skype to downgrade the software check => here <=

Nov 6. 2019 Question: Where can I find a BToE to UC Software compatibility matrix?

Resolution: Please check => here <=. In addition, ensure to always check the latest BToE Release Notes fur current restrictions

Jan 3, 2020 Question: Is there a way to modify Intunes Policy Exclusion for Teams Android Devices to cater to older Android versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jan 28, 2020 Question: Are there any restrictions on upgrading a Poly GroupSeries or VisualPro directly from 4.0.2 or later to 6.2.2.1?

Resolution: In order to Upgrade the device an interim step is required as you need to first upgrade to v6.2.0.2 and then upgrade to v6.2.2.1 or later. Please check >here< for additional details.

Jan 29, 2020 Question: Can I use any of the well-known configuration parameters or settings via the Web Interface to make changes to the Teams application running on Poly phones?

Resolution: Only fundamental settings regarding the network or others can be used. Nearly everything else is part of the Teams Android app running on the phone and Microsoft would need to be consulted.

Feb 10, 2020 Question: Can I customize the Teams application running on Poly phones?

Resolution: As explained above only our partner Microsoft can make changes to the UI. We can only suggest checking and vote >here<.

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I enable the Web Interface on a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I check the software version of a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can capture the screen of a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

July 21, 2020 Question: Can a Poly Trio C60 support Microsoft Teams or Zoom at the same time as Skype for Business or openSIP?

Resolution: Have a look at the Switching Call Applications on Trio C60 – Poly OpenSIP and Microsoft Teams >here<

Nov 26,2020 Question: Is there a way to suggest or request enhancements to the Microsoft supplied IP Phone Teams application?

Dec 02,2020 Question: Why can I not enable the Web Interface of a CCX 400 as described for other phones?

Resolution: The CCX 400 may be running software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 and needs to be upgraded as described >here< in order to enable the Web Interface and many other features.

Feb 12,2021 Question: Do Poly phones support Multi-factor Authentication MFA in a Skype for Business environment?

Resolution: UC Software 5.5.1 added the Web Sign In functionality for compatible MFA scenarios >here<

April 07,2021 Question: Can we prevent or hide the sign out options when using Poly phones with Microsoft Teams?

Resolution:Please check >here<

April 07,2021 Question: Can we prevent people from deleting Meetings when using Poly phones with Microsoft Teams?

Resolution:Please check >here<

May 26,2021 Question: Can a Poly VVX Phone run firmware support native Microsoft Teams IP Phone software?

Resolution: No it cannot as this is not technically feasible

Jul 29, 2021 Question: How can I upgrade a CCX 400 phone running software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?

Aug 27, 2021 Question: Why do I not see the different Base Profile modes offered when factory resetting /OOB / Out Of Box wizard a Poly device?

Sep 02, 2021 Question: Why does my Poly device display “Something went wrong. Let's try again” when trying to sign into Teams?

Resolution: Microsoft has a 50 or even just 20-device limit which will stop devices to sign back in. This may be caused by previous stale registrations, and these must be removed in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center as explained >here< or in detail >here<

Nov 04, 2021 Question: Are Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 supported to be used with Microsoft Teams?

ResolutionAs explained >here< the Trio 8800 and 8500 are no longer supported as a Microsoft Teams device since 31/10/2021.
The Microsoft Teams App included in any current Poly UC Software build for Trio 8800 and 8500 is 1449/1.0.94.2020051601

If the Poly Trio is running the native Teams app you cannot use any other Line. Teams on the Trio 8500/8800 were mutually exclusive and did not allow pairing with a Visual+/VisualPro for Video. The device where Audio only.

Nov 10, 2021 Question: What Features should be supported using Poly Phones in Skype for Business base profile via the 3PIP gateway using Microsoft Teams?

Resolution: Please check >here< for a list provided by our Partner Microsoft on basic features and the discussion around this

Nov 10, 2021 Question: Can I get logs of a Poly CCX or Trio C60 phone when using Microsoft Teams?

Resolution: Please check >here< as this is included in the normal Logs since UC Software 7.1.3

Nov 26, 2021 Question: Can I disable the message waiting light MWI when using Microsoft Teams?

Dec 17, 2021 Question: Can visually impaired users utilize TalkBack on Poly phones running Microsoft Teams?

Mar 07, 2022 Question: Is there an official statement or timeline from Poly regarding the Microsoft announcement around the Android device certification Support?

Mar 08, 2022 Question: Can Poly CCX phones when in Microsoft Teams mode use Group Paging / Page which is compatible with other legacy Poly phones?

Apr 13, 2022 Question:How can a user prevent a Poly Trio C60 from being downgraded or upgraded from their desired software version when using a Microsoft Teams Room / MTR

?

Apr 19, 2022 Question: Can I use compatible Poly SIP phones with the new Microsoft SIP Gateway?

Resolution: More details >here< and please be aware this is not the Microsoft 3PIP gateway using compatible Poly Phones using the Skype for Business Base Profile

May 16, 2022 Question: Web Sign in missing from Web Interface?

Resolution: More details >here<

Sep 03, 2022 QuestionMicrosoft Azure reports Poly Voice Endpoints as Legacy Authentication instead of Modern Auth when using Exchange Web Services (EWS)

Resolution: Please disable feature.contactPhotoIntegration.enabled="0" as shown >here<

Jun 22, 2023 Question: Why can we not sign in to Microsoft Teams?

Resolution: Please verify that the phone has the => correct time <=

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.